This case has been retired, but is still available upon request.
Michael Meyer, business analyst at GfK Retail and Technology, had recently started working on a performance improvement project for one of GfK’s longest running products, the StarTrack system. As the project’s business analyst, he was responsible for determining and prioritizing requirements. However, a large number of stakeholders brought needs to the table that threatened to blow the project out of proportion. In a never ending stream of meetings, no consensus on project requirements seemed reachable.
Example case question 
- How to improve GfK’s business analysis process?
Case difficulty cube 
- Analytical dimension: Average
- Conceptual dimension: Easy
- Presentation dimension: Average
Freely available materials
- Case 2013-01: Herding Requirements at GfK
- Concepts and frameworks